Wednesday, June 10, 2015

Locs.....starting over

Many many months ago, I started locs.   When the first set didn't meet my expectations, I took them down and started them over.  I couldn't make up my mind how large or small I wanted them so I started combining them.  I realized too late that they would turn out much larger than I wanted so alas, I took them down again.  Decided I would just forego the whole loc process.   Within a week I could cry I missed my locking hair so much.   I realized I actually liked the size they were before I started combining them.   It's not so much that I was indecisive.  I had a lot going on in my life at the time.   Upcoming state wedding to legitimize my covenant.  Trying to figure out where my belief lay.  Trying to determine if I could continue living in the upheaval surrounding me.  Hating so many things going on in my life at one time.  Locking my hair suddenly became like a vice gripped around my neck.  I was choking on the one thing that I was sure of.  Over the past few weeks, months really, so many things began to fall into place.  YHUH took me by the hand, led me into my closet, gently guided me to a prostrate position and opened my heart to truly seeking His answers for all that was going on in my life.    Fast forward to tonight.... I am so proud to say, my loc journey is once again beginning.   My daughter is coming to two strand twist my starter locs.  I've made my flax seed gel.  My hair has been washed.  I'm ready.  Yes, I am truly ready.  YHUH has answered so many questions for me and every day I am growing closer and closer to Him.  Everyday I am learning to truly trust in and depend on Him.  Everyday I am being guided to true fellowship with my Almighty Father.  He is so sweet.  He is so strong, loving, and forgiving.  His compassion has led me through so much to a good place.   Not that I expect for every day to be a bed of roses, but I know that because YHUH loves me, I can make it through anything.   So here I go.....  Loc world here Tamar comes!!!! Again.

No comments:

Post a Comment